Members of Veterans For Peace work on a wide variety of issues every day. In an effort to combine resources and create a central source for information, the Board has created VFP Working Groups to help us all work together, more productively and effectively to WAGE PEACE! These groups are designed to:
- Provide a vehicle for individual VFP members who are interested in, or knowledgeable about a specific issue to become more deeply involved.
- Focus the efforts of individual members and chapters; eliminating duplication of effort and raising the level of interest in a specific issue.
- Create a “go-to” source for position papers, talking points, and updates which is credible and accurate.
- Allow all members and chapters to benefit from the knowledge/experience of others.
The tasks Working Groups take on are varied:
- Post periodic status updates on the VFP website
- Track legislation
- Create ‘talking points’ that others can use to promote the VFP position
- Develop presentations
- Create campaigns
- Develop a speakers bureau
- Develop a reference list
- Write articles
- Network with other organizations
Here’s how it works:
- Members simply contact the Working Group Coordinator, if interested in serving on a working group.
- The working groups meet via conference calls on a periodic basis, determined by the group.
- The group leaders make periodic status reports to the VFP Board.
- The groups may establish their own priorities and may be tasked by the Board for specific projects.
- Products from the working groups will be posted on the group web page.