Coordinators: Mike Wong and Michael Kramer
As members of Veterans For Peace, a humanitarian and educational organization dedicated to the abolishment of war, we seek to apply the commitments in our VFP Statement of Purpose to China, namely:
- To increase public awareness of the causes and costs of war;
- To restrain our governments from intervening, overtly or covertly, in the internal affairs of other nations;
- To end the arms race and to reduce and eventually eliminate nuclear weapons;
- To seek justice for veterans and victims of war;
- To abolish war as an instrument of national policy.
More concretely, our China Working Group will address the following areas:
- Serve a watchdog function for the bi-partisan Congressional Executive Commission on China and other government agencies that spread disinformation about China.
- Consult with our VFP UN representative on issues related to our Resolution on the Pivot to Peace with China and the World.
- Serve an educational function by providing position papers, flyers, speakers, articles, editorials, press releases, webinars, public forums and other materials on China for distribution to our members and the general public.
- Work with peace, justice, and other groups in the Chinese American and other communities on issues pertaining to China
Our group is open to all VFP members who share the concerns expressed in our Mission Statement. You do not need not have any special qualifications or experience, merely a special interest in China and a desire to participate. Many of our members have expertise and experiences to share.