Feb 14th, 6pm EST; 5pm CST; 3pm PST; 1pm Hawai`i, [2/15 8am in Okinawa].
Join members of the VFP-ROCK chapter and Okinawan activists for an important webinar to understand the decades long resistance against U.S. militarism in Okinawa. The presentation will be followed by a live Q&A featuring:
- MAKISHI Yoshikazu. B. 1943, Architect. Member Okinawa peace movement, environmental protection movement. VFP associate member.
- YONAHA Keiko. Prof., Linguistic Education, Meio U., Okinawa (ret.). Member, Japanese Association of Poets, Playwrights, Editors, Es.
- YOSHIKAWA Hideki. Okinawan Anthropologist. Resident Nago City. Teaches at Meio U. and U. of Ryukyus. International Director, Save the Dugong Campaign Center; Director, Okinawa Environmental Justice Project.
- Pete Shimazaki DOKTOR. Nisei Okinawan-American. Former Army medic and history teacher. Co-founder VFP Hawai'i Ch. 113 and VFP-ROCK Ch. 1003 (Okinawa), Hawai'i-Okinawa Alliance (HOA), Hawai'i Peace and Justice board member.
- Doug LUMMIS. USMC 1968-71. Coordinator, Veterans For Peace-Ryukyus/Okinawa Chapter Kokusai (VFP-ROCK). Author, War is Hell: Studies in the Right of Legitimate Violence (forthcoming).