August 28, 2013
Veterans For Peace strongly opposes U.S. military intervention,whether direct or indirect, in the war that is currently raging in Syria.
U.S. military aid to rebels in Syria only deepens the suffering and increases the casualties among the Syrian people. It destabilizes the region and risks escalating the conflict into a regional war. It violates the U.N. Charter and international law.
There should be no U.S. military intervention in any form, including a so-called “no-fly zone,” which would be a direct act of military aggression. Only the Syrian people can decide who should govern Syria.
Veterans For Peace calls for an escalation of diplomacy, not war. We call for a ceasefire from all combatants in Syria. We call for urgent diplomacy to stop the bloodshed and address the humanitarian crises in Syria and among Syrian refugees in neighboring countries.
Please take action and make your voice heard. Let’s stop a US attack in Syria before it starts.
Sign this petition and help spread it through social media!
- Call the White House at 202-456-1111 or the Switchboard at 202-456-1414
- Call your elected Representatives and Senatorsin their State or District offices (they are on recess) – Demand NO military intervention in Syria. Use this link to find the phone number:
- Organize a peaceful protest, march, vigil at your local communities (city hall, federal building, etc.) anytime this week, call for "NO attacks on Syria!"
- If the U.S. attacks Syria, organize local actions, after the attack begins, either 6PM on same day if the attacks begin during U.S. day time (local Syria evening time), or 5PM the next day if the attacks begin during U.S. evening time (local Syria day time)
- Distribute VFP brochure: 11 Reasons Why the U.S. Must Not Attack Syria