Digital Organizer Position Available
(Job Description available as PDF)
Veterans For Peace is seeking a digital organizer who is highly motivated, creative and committed to anti-militarism and social justice. Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, usually in coordination with campaigns, the digital organizer helps implement digital strategy at the policy, political and organizing level, grow social media presence and engagement, and support and build campaigns and organizing efforts. The digital organizer reports to the Executive Director, or in the absence of an E.D., to the Board’s Executive Committee and collaborates with the VFP Board, members and staff to accomplish the work of the organization. The national Veterans For Peace office is located in St Louis, Missouri, but the position is remote.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute digital campaigns strategies to grow online membership and engagement of our online supporters in taking action
- In collaboration with staff, use social media, email, online advertising and other digital tools to develop online-to-offline organizing programs and strengthen online fundraising
- Develop strategies aimed at targeting, building and retaining membership segments based on issue, campaign, demographic and other variables to deepen activism and engagement among members with specific interests
- Manage and maintain robust presence on social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Write and create compelling, well-sourced content to organize members and constituents to take action
- Track, understand and apply analytics and metrics to measure effectiveness of tools and strategies
- Train and advise staff and members on digital communications strategy and social media best practices
- Participate in evaluation of digital content and campaign metrics to guide and inform future content and strategies as part of a culture of continuous, data driven learning and evaluation
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND REQUIREMENTS:
2 or more years of proven grassroots, union or political organizing and social media management experience, plus demonstrated professional leadership in a non-profit, public sector, or private organization;
Military veterans, BIPOC and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong communications skills; Experience in facilitating efficient meetings and workshops
- Skilled at developing and fostering emerging leaders
- Familiarity with utilizing social media and other emerging technologies, experience with Facebook ads, a plus
- Experience with using database contact management programs
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse communities of organizations and people
- Ability to work independently, navigate obstacles, discern priorities, meet competing deadlines and handle multiple projects
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week. Working hours are flexible and candidates may work from home, although occasional compensated travel may be required. Salary and benefits package is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Email, as attachments, a cover letter of interest that addresses the job requirements plus a resume, with “Digital Organizer Application” in the subject line, to email@example.com.
All application materials must be submitted by email. We will acknowledge the receipt of your application, but the only further contact from VFP will be to those from whom we need more information. This position is available immediately.
Salary range is $38,000 – $42,000.
Benefits include comprehensive medical, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and travel reimbursement.
About Veterans For Peace:
Veterans For Peace is a global organization of military veterans and allies whose collective efforts are to build a culture of peace by using our experiences and lifting our voices. We inform the public of the true causes of war and the enormous costs of wars, with an obligation to heal the wounds of wars. Our network consists of over 140 chapters worldwide whose work includes: educating the public, advocating for a dismantling of the war economy, providing services that assist veterans and victims of war, and most significantly, working to end all wars. VFP is a nonpartisan non-for-profit membership organization.