VFP enthusiastically supports this year's theme "Tear Down The Walls, Build Up The People." Please join us, November 10-12, and many other peace and justice groups on the border.
SOAW strives to expose, denounce, and end US militarization, oppressive US policies and other forms of state violence in the Americas. Often these Latin American political and economic policies are directly linked to forced displacement, increased violence, and militarized borders. And as we call attention to the militarization of the border and Latin America, we also call for an end to state-sponsored terrorism and violence against our communities inside the United States.
We stand with organizations and movements working for justice and peace throughout the Americas. There is no wall or border that can deter the solidarity of the people!
Demands of the Encuentro:
- An end to US economic, military and political intervention in Latin America
- Demilitarization and divestment of the borders
- An end to the racist systems of oppression that criminalize and kill migrants, refugees and communities of color
- Respect, dignity, justice and the right to self-determination of communities
- An end to Plan Mérida and the Alliance for Prosperity
As was the case last year, VFP will play an important role in this year's gathering. We will lead the march to the border, and across. This year we will have a speaker before we step off and since it is Armistice Day, we will also have a bell ringing ceremony. And this year, in remembrance of the true meaning of this day, VFP is calling for an end of all hostilities on the border and throughout Latin America.
On Armistice Day Veterans Demand:
- End all hostilities on the border
- End all hostilities in Latin America, which are the root causes of migration
- End all hostilities against Brown and Black Communities
- End all hostilities against Veterans by stopping deportations
VFP enthusiastically supports this year's theme "Tear Down The Walls, Build Up The People." Please join us, and many other peace and justice groups on the border.
If you haven't already registered, please do so now!
To make our collective voice as powerful as possible we hope that you would consider becoming an endorser of the Border Encuentro.
VFP Chapters and Members - Please endorse this year's Border Encuentro
Finally, we strongly encourage allied organizations and activists to submit proposals for workshops and forums, in which presenters can engage in conversations that speak at the intersections of our Encuentro demands.
For questions, please contact Mike Tork at firstname.lastname@example.org