Veterans For Peace and the Veterans Challenge Islamophobia campaign are proud to endorse the #NoMuslimBanEver campaign. Join us in this grassroots awareness and mobilization effort leading up to October 18th, the day the latest iteration of the Muslim Ban takes full effect.
The Trump administration recently announced the third variation on the discriminatory, unconstitutional and inhumane Muslim Ban. Although the third version added three new countries to the list facing restrictions, and removed Sudan, the intent still remains the same; to target the entry of Muslims into the United States. We will continue to oppose this unjust ban in every iteration. Join us in declaring #NoMuslimBanEver.
VFP Chapters and Members –
Bring your VFP flag and participate in an event near you
Mobilize your chapter to organize an event in your community
Attend the national mobilization on October 18 in Washington, D.C.
Hold vigils in front of federal courthouses
Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper or an opinion editorial
Start conversations about the impact of the Muslim and refugee bans on your community, , the many contributions that Muslims and refugees make to your communities, and how the bans foster misunderstanding and hate
Call local and national legislators and demand that they denounce the Muslim and refugee bans
Download the #NoMuslimBanEver Toolkit for more ideas and resources
#NoMuslimBanEver Campaign Principles
- End Criminalization: End policies, like bans, walls and raids, that treat our communities as inherently suspect and foster bigotry and hate.
- Expand Sanctuary: Create safe spaces for people under threat by advocating for sanctuary policies, supporting sanctuary communities, and offering physical sanctuary.
- Center Directly Impacted People: Center communities directly affected by the Muslim and refugee bans, namely Muslims, refugees, and nationals from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.
- Build Solidarity: The Muslim and refugee bans are on a continuum of exclusionary policies, White supremacy, xenophobia and racism. We are stronger when we understand these connections and work together.
- Raise Your Voice: Share your values and stories to help shift public narratives and consciousness. Campaign Messages
- The Muslim Ban is the culmination of a long assault on Muslim communities.
- Refugees are ordinary people fleeing extraordinary adversity, and denying them safety is to deny our common humanity.
- Our communities want what everyone wants: freedom to proudly express our identities, including our faith, without fear of discrimination.
- The Muslim and refugee bans are just one prong of Trump’s white nationalist agenda.
- This ban has a real impact on families and community members.
- The ban opens the door to other policies that discriminate on the basis of faith, immigration 1 status, and national origin. That is why we stand in solidarity with other communities of color, Native communities, immigrants and refugees