Veterans For Peace and the Veterans Challenge Islamophobia campaign are proud to endorse the #NoMuslimBanEver campaign.
Veterans For Peace and the Veterans Challenge Islamophobia campaign are appalled by the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the Trump Administration’s bigoted and xenophobic #MuslimBan. As veterans, we fought to uphold the ideals in the Constitution - protecting the constitutional right to religious freedom means protecting ALL religions.
We believe in the tenets of religious tolerance and diversity and believe that the decision to allow this unjust and discriminatory Muslim Ban to remain will escalate an already disturbing precedent and open the door to even more blatant discrimination against people based on their race, religion, ethnicity or country of origin.
After this decision it is crucial that we have a visible, strong presence across the country standing in support of all those who are impacted by the Trump administration’s xenophobic, Islamophobic, and white nationalist agenda.
TAKE ACTION NOW
Speak out on social media - Use Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to say #NoMuslimBanEver, #VetsSpeakOut and #WeWillNotBeBanned. Make your veteran voice heard and be a part of this very critical conversation.
Watch the livestream of the action cosponsored by more than 80 organizations
Sign the Veterans Challenge Islamophobia Statement (http://bit.ly/VCIStatement)
As veterans, we will continue to stand against hate.
VFP Chapters and Members –
Bring your VFP flag and participate in an event near you
- Circulate Veterans For Peace Statement on the Muslim Ban and Border Wall
Mobilize your chapter to organize an event in your community
Hold vigils in front of federal courthouses
Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper or an opinion editorial
Start conversations about the impact of the Muslim and refugee bans on your community, , the many contributions that Muslims and refugees make to your communities, and how the bans foster misunderstanding and hate
Call local and national legislators and demand that they denounce the Muslim and refugee bans
Download the #NoMuslimBanEver Toolkit for more ideas and resources
#NoMuslimBanEver Campaign Principles
- End Criminalization: End policies, like bans, walls and raids, that treat our communities as inherently suspect and foster bigotry and hate.
- Expand Sanctuary: Create safe spaces for people under threat by advocating for sanctuary policies, supporting sanctuary communities, and offering physical sanctuary.
- Center Directly Impacted People: Center communities directly affected by the Muslim and refugee bans, namely Muslims, refugees, and nationals from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.
- Build Solidarity: The Muslim and refugee bans are on a continuum of exclusionary policies, White supremacy, xenophobia and racism. We are stronger when we understand these connections and work together.
- Raise Your Voice: Share your values and stories to help shift public narratives and consciousness. Campaign Messages
- The Muslim Ban is the culmination of a long assault on Muslim communities.
- Refugees are ordinary people fleeing extraordinary adversity, and denying them safety is to deny our common humanity.
- Our communities want what everyone wants: freedom to proudly express our identities, including our faith, without fear of discrimination.
- The Muslim and refugee bans are just one prong of Trump’s white nationalist agenda.
- This ban has a real impact on families and community members.
- The ban opens the door to other policies that discriminate on the basis of faith, immigration 1 status, and national origin. That is why we stand in solidarity with other communities of color, Native communities, immigrants and refugees