Each year, members of Veterans For Peace take action on/around September 21st to observe International Peace Day. Please take time this Peace Day to reflect, discuss, and promote peace.
Your action can be as simple as lighting a candle at noon or sitting in silent meditation. You could distribute flyers or post on social media. Whatever you decide to do, please keep in mind the purpose of this day is to promote peace and spread the idea that Peace Is Possible. Here are a few action ideas to get you started:
- Send a Letter to the Editor: See an example and send your own letter to local publications by following this link.
- Share on Social Media: Check out the National VFP Facebook page and share the daily posts to spread the message within your social networks.
- Hand out VFP literature:E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to have a bundle sent by mail.
- Organize or attend an event: Involve your chapter members, colleagues, community members, and ally groups in your efforts. Let us know what you’re doing!
- Join the Peace Wave
- Light a Candle/Meditate for Peace
Other Ways to Take Action:
In addition to focusing on International Peace Days, you can get involved one of these ongoing campaigns:
- Vietnam Full Disclosure:In September 2017, PBS will air a documentary about the Vietnam War, providing an opportunity for discussion and action. Learn more.
- Peace on the Korea Peninsula: Members of Veterans For Peace have taken action and continue to do so. Read the statement.