Articles and Interviews by VFP Members
- How the War Machine is Repurposing Veterans by CCMP member Ryan Tamoush
- Podcast featuring CCMP member Marcy Winograd - CODEPINK Radio: The Link Between Militarism and the Climate Crisis (start around 32:22)
- Podcast: Interview with CCMP member Steve Morse - "I was trying to put the army on trial"
- Talk World Radio: Veterans For Peace Take on Climate Collapse with CCMP Steering Committee Member Vince Dijanich
- An Earth Day Wish: Demilitarize from Santa Barbara to San Luis Obispo by Marcy Winograd
- OpEd: Earth Day 2021 by Gary Butterfield
- The Link Between Climate Change and Militarism by David Collins, VFP UK
- Radio Interview on Militarism and the Climate Crisis on KZFR (starts at 33:12) with CCMP Steering Committee Member Vince Dijanich
Climate Crisis Basics
- "Vital Signs of the Planet" - short videos by NASA
- "Feedback Loops" - short videos by Moving Still Productions
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on climate
- Atmospheric CO2 levels by NOAA
- Definition of militarism
- Veterans For Peace Statement on Military Spending under Biden Administration
- Mapping Militarism Interactive Map by World BEYOND War
- Congress Plans Climate Resiliency - But Mostly for the Military
- Pentagon Fuel Use, Climate Change, and the Costs of War (Brown University Study)
- What Price "Defense"? America's Nearly $1.3 Trillion National Security Budget Isn't Making Us Any Safer
- We Can't Fight the Climate Crisis Without Fighting the Military-Industrial Complex
Climate Change and National Security
*Note: These documents do not represent Veterans For Peace's positions on the climate crisis and its relationship to National Security. However, they are important for showing the current state of mainstream discourse, and policies being developed and funded by the U.S. government in its executive and legislative branches.
- Presidential Views of Climate Change
- One Pager: "Climate Risks to America's National Security" from the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis Report (2020)
- Senate Democrats Report on the Climate Crisis, "The Case for Climate Action" (2020)
- Un-American: A Soldier's Reckoning of Our Longest War by Erik Edstrom
- What Can I Do? My Path from Climate Despair to Action by Veterans For Peace Advisory Board member Jane Fonda
- The Green Zone: The Environmental Costs of Militarism by Barry Sanders
- The Militarization of Indian Country by Winona LaDuke
- Don't Even Think About It: Why Our Brains Are Wired to Ignore Climate Change by George Marshall
2021 VFP Convention Workshop: "Militarism Fuels Climate Crisis"
Erik Edstrom, Climate Researcher & Afghanistan War veteran
"our country is getting our most important priorities... wildly wrong"
Nick Rabb, Sunrise Movement
"climate crisis and militarism... same structural underpinnings"
Adrienne Kinne, VFP Board President
"the emissions by fighter jets..."