A weekly summary of news from VFP - issues, people, events, photos
VFP Welcomes the Joint Statement from US-DPRK
VFP Convention: August 22-26th
Open Letter to Amnesty International by a Former Amnesty International Prisoner of Conscience
Poor People's Campaign: #40 Days of Action
SCOTUS Still Decision on Muslim Ban Expected Soon
VFP President Gerry Condon Speaks at Poor People’s Campaign action
Executive Director Michael McPhearson Testifies about Right to Boycott
VFP Seattle: "Abolish Nuclear Weapons"
Calling All Artists!
VFP Member Mike Madden Found Not Guilty
¡Presente!: Enrique Salas
Request Peace is Patriotic Tabling Materials
Hungering for Nuclear Disarmament - Kathy Kelly
Last Call for Chapter Reports
The VFP Newsletter is published 3 times each year for members and donors. It contains extensive chapter reports from around the country, poetry and book reviews as well as articles on current affairs. Send your reports to interim newspaper editor, Becky Luening: email@example.com
- Forging Ahead: A Message from the President
- Changing Our War Culture Starts At Home
- Reflections on the 2017 VFP National Convention
- Take Action: Defend our V.A. from Privatization
- Veterans For Peace Chapter Reports
- After Action Report: 2017 Encuentro at the Border
- Vietnam Full Disclosure: 50th Anniversaries Worth Commemorating in 2018
- Q & A: How Did You Become a Veteran For Peace?
VFP is wealthy in authors. The following are produced by VFP members or Advisory Board Members.
- Peace In Our Times - Veterans For Peace new hard-copy 20-page quarterly newspaper – Peace In our Times also has a web site, where they carry great articles that were not able to fit in the hard copy editions. Check it out.
- In The Mind Field - news and commentary from veteran writer-activists
- A Global Security System: An Alternative To War It describes the “hardware” of creating a peace system, and the “software” — the values and concepts — necessary to operate a peace system and the means to spread these globally.
- The Peace Report was created to help educate the public about the problems surrounding militarism, wars, conflicts, & the effects of military spending. TPR was created by Will Griffin, an Iraq and Afghanistan veteran turned antiwar activist. Will began to notice the lack of coverage on issues related to militarism and how people aren't connecting the dots of how the wars abroad ultimately bring the wars home. This can easily be seen through examples like the militarization of local police departments and our overall national security spending every year. The Peace Report also has an active YouTube, Facebook and Twitter presence.