A weekly summary of news from VFP - issues, people, events, photos
Veterans Call to Resist U.S. Coup in Venezuela
New Rules Lead to Privatization of the VA by Skip Delano
Korea Peace Advocacy Days (D.C.)
Defying War and Defining Peace in Afghanistan by Kathy Kelly
Peace Report: Venezuela's History of U.S. Imperialism with Paul Dobson
Rescheduled Chapter Contacts Conference Call
50th Anniversary of Susan Schnall’s January 31, 1969 Court Martial for Resisting the American War in Vietnam
Take action to help repeal the Muslim Ban!
Order Your Newsletter Bundles!
The VFP Newsletter is published 3 times each year for members and donors. It contains extensive chapter reports from around the country, poetry and book reviews as well as articles on current affairs. Send your reports to interim newspaper editor, Becky Luening: firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterans For Peace Observe Memorial Day in Solemn Ceremonies Nationwide
President's Message: Interesting Times, Indeed
How We Treat One Another
Executive Director's Report: Thank You, VFP, for your Service to Humanity
VFP Project Update: Golden Rule
Poor People's Campaign: A National Call for A Moral Revival
Veterans For Peace Chapter Reports
Armistice 100: Marching to a different drummer
Celebrate Armistice Day on November 11th
The True Flag: Theodore Roosevelt, Mark Twain, and the Birth of American Empire by Stephen Kinzer
- 1914: A Novel by Jean Echenoz
- Q&A: How Did You Become a Veteran For Peace
Will We See You in St Paul
VFP is wealthy in authors. The following are produced by VFP members or Advisory Board Members.
- Peace In Our Times - Veterans For Peace new hard-copy 20-page quarterly newspaper – Peace In our Times also has a web site, where they carry great articles that were not able to fit in the hard copy editions. Check it out.
- In The Mind Field - news and commentary from veteran writer-activists
- A Global Security System: An Alternative To War It describes the “hardware” of creating a peace system, and the “software” — the values and concepts — necessary to operate a peace system and the means to spread these globally.
- The Peace Report was created to help educate the public about the problems surrounding militarism, wars, conflicts, & the effects of military spending. TPR was created by Will Griffin, an Iraq and Afghanistan veteran turned antiwar activist. Will began to notice the lack of coverage on issues related to militarism and how people aren't connecting the dots of how the wars abroad ultimately bring the wars home. This can easily be seen through examples like the militarization of local police departments and our overall national security spending every year. The Peace Report also has an active YouTube, Facebook and Twitter presence.