VFP's convention also includes an evening of poetry. Our membership contains a great number of talented poets.
If you are interested in reading your poetry, you must sign up to have your name added to read at our poetry soiree at the 2019 VFP National Convention in Spokane, Washington.
Your focus should be
- on the complexity of attaining peace in a world torn apart by war
- directly address the costs of war
- theme of the convention: "Sacred Lands, Sacred Lives: Peace Knows No Borders"
- personal experience of consequences from the war economy
- expressions of compassion for those enduring genocide by dislocation, militarism, & climate disruption
The Poetry Reading will be on Thursday, although schedule is subject to change.
In addition to signing up, please send poem(s) and your short bio of 150 words or less via email to John Spitzberg: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send your poem in Microsoft Word or PDF Format
- Use 12 pt. Times Roman Font
- Poems may be published in a Convention Chapbook. Please indicate below if we can publish your poem.
Deadline for submission has passed.